Early Head Start (Homebased) (Ages 0-3 & Pregnant Family)
Who We Serve
To be eligible for Early Head Start, an applicant must be determined age and income or categorically eligible as per the following:
- For Early Head Start (EHS) Pregnant Family: Any age for expectant mothers
- For Early Head Start (EHS): Ages birth to under 3 years old
- Early Head Start is committed to the inclusion of all children in all classrooms by offering over-income waivers* and reserving 10 percent of its enrollment to children with disabilities.
* Over-income waivers limited to 10 percent of total program enrollment and the child must have a current Individualized Family Services Program (IFSP) for Early Head Start or an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for Head Start.
To qualify based on income, a family’s gross annual income must be at or below the mandated https://aspe.hhs.gov/topics/poverty-economic-mobility/poverty-guidelines
In addition, over-income waivers are available as noted above for children with an IFSP or IEP.
Please click here to apply for the Early Head Start Program and upload the supported documents:
A family is eligible in any of the following categories, regardless of total gross income:
- Applicant is placed in 24-hour out-of-home Foster Care
- Family is receiving ongoing Cash Aid benefits through the CalWORKs program
- Applicant or family member living with and supported by the child’s Parent(s) or Guardian(s) is receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Family is experiencing homelessness as defined by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
Documents Required To Determine Eligibility
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate or other Age Verification
- Applicant’s Immunization Records (must be up to date for age)
- Completed TB Assessment and/or TB Test Results
- Income Verification (prior 12 months)
- Proof of legal custody (if the child is in foster care or guardianship)
- Verification of Benefits (if receiving CalWORKs Cash Aid)
- Proof of Supplemental Security Income (SSI), if applicable
- Homelessness verification (if applicable and available)
- Current IEP (Head Start) or IFSP (Early Head Start), if applicable
- Full-Time Employment or Full-Time School/Training Verification (to receive full-day prioritization)
- Gas, water, electric, trash bill (NO telephone, cable or bank statements will be accepted), or
Lease agreement or closing escrow papers, or Mortgage statement, or DPSS statement.
The documentation must be dated no later than thirty (30) days prior to registration and must show the parent/guardian’s name and current address in the San Jacinto Unified School District. If acceptable current proof of residency cannot be shown, a Third Party Verification Form will be required. (Form available upon request)
- If not San Jacinto USD boundaries (if your School District does not have a EHS program then a Inter-program transfer request is required)