- Federally funded project that provides an extensive school-year preschool program for children 2.9 - 5 years of age. Family's income must meet Federal poverty level requirements, offers full and part day classes. There is no fee for participation.
- Click here to see the https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines
California State Preschool Program
- State funded school year preschool program that serves children 3 - 5 years of age from low-income families. State Preschool is modeled after Head Start, but is State funded. Family's income must meet State requirements. Part-Day classes operate five days per week. There is a sliding scale for participation based on family income and family size. No Cost.
- Click here to see the income rankings https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/ci/mb1903.asp
Registration hours are from 8:00am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Please visit the site before 3:00pm for processing.
*Starting June 10, 2019 - Summer Registration Hours 8:00am - 2:30pm - Monday - Thursday*
Age Requirement: 3 years old on or before September 1st.
Head Start and State Preschool services are provided to income qualifying families.
Children are admitted into the program based on priority using the Head Start or State Preschool Eligibility Criteria.
We accept children with disabilities.
NEW TO OUR SCHOOL DISTRICT: All preschool age students new to the San Jacinto Unified School District (SJUSD) need to apply at our San Jacinto Head Start main office.
Enrolled Students moving from one SJUSD boundary to another SJUSD boundary need to complete a change of address and bring in an updated utility bill at the main office site on 257 S. Grand Army, and are placed on a wait-list until a spot opens up.
Early registration is encouraged. Space is not held for students who do not appear the first day of school.
Where do I go?
San Jacinto Preschool - Our main office - 257 S. Grand Army. San Jacinto, CA 92583
The entrance is located on the south side parking lot of San Jacinto Elementary (facing the fields of San Jacinto Elementary School)
The following is a list of original documentation required to determine family eligibility and placement:
1. Picture I.D. of The Parents/Legal Guardians
2. Birth Date Verification
Original Birth Certificate, or
Adoption Papers, or
Baptismal Record, or
Hospital Birth Record or
3. Immunization Record
New Immunizations Regulation effective 7/01/2019
4. Proof of Residency
Documentation proving current residency within SJUSD boundaries must be provided at the time of eligibility and placement. Acceptable documentation:
Gas, water, electric, trash bill (no telephone or cable will be accepted), or
Lease agreement or closing escrow papers, or
Mortgage statement, or
The documentation must be dated no later than thirty (30) days prior to registration and must show the parent/guardian’s name and current address in the San Jacinto Unified School District. If acceptable current proof of residency cannot be shown, a Residency of Affidavit will be required. (Form available upon request).
In lieu of utility bill, we will accept a letter of intent for hook-up services from the gas, water, or electric company with escrow or lease agreements.
5. Signature of Parent/Legal Guardian
6. Physical Exam - must have been performed within the past 12 months and show proof of a physical examination.
A copy of the physical exam (showing, HGB, Lead ) is required at the time of registration.
7. Dental Exam - must have been performed within the past 12 months.
8. Medical Insurance Card
9. Verification of Income (Please supply all documents that apply, must be current within last 30 days)
- Pay-stubs - One Months worth (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly)
- Signed and complete income tax return for previous year 1040A (Self-Employed, Schedule C)
- Cal-Works or Cal-Fresh Passport for Services
- Tribal TANF
- Social Security Benefits (SSI, SSA)
- Disability Benefits (UI, VA, Maternity Leave)
- Employment Development Department - EDD (Award Letter, Unemployment, Paid Family Leave)
- Verification of Child Support for ALL children in the home
- Original Foster, Legal Custody or Court Ordered Paperwork
*Additional documentation may be required*
*Bring completed enrollment packet and all required documents*
For more details on how to enroll your child or to find out if your family is eligible, please contact us at (951) 654-1531 at our main office located at 257 S. Grand Army Ave in San Jacinto.