Dual Language Immersion Academy
San Jacinto Preschool Dual Language Immersion
"All children appear to benefit cognitively, linguistically, culturally, and economically from learning more than one language."
San Jacinto Unified Early Education is proud to announce they will be offering a Preschool Dual Language Immersion Academy for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Preschoolers will be introduced to reading, writing and communicating in English and Spanish while achieving high levels of academic success.
Preschoolers in the Dual Language Program will receive 10% of instruction in English and 90% in Spanish. The program is six hours per week, five days a week. The class will be taught by a caring, high quality bilingual Teacher along with a bilingual instructional assistant. Students will have the opportunity to become bilingual, biliterate, and be better prepared for San Jacinto Unified School District K-8 Dual Language Immersion at Edward Hyatt World Language Academy.
Goals of the Preschool Spanish/English Dual Immersion Program:
- Students will learn the foundations of a dual language. They will have the opportunity of being bilingual and biliterate and becoming academically successful in both English and Spanish.
- Students will acquire a starting level of literacy in Spanish to be better prepared to transfer over to the K-8 Dual Language Immersion Academy.
- Students will develop an appreciation of other cultures.
- Students will be provided with a rich environment that supports dual language learning by tying language through the preschool learning domains and intentional teaching strategies.
- To achieve the goal of bilingual literacy, long term parental commitment is necessary to ensure that students remain in the program from Preschool through 8th grade.
WHAT IS A DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION PROGRAM?
Click on the Link